Welcome to The Essential Jiu Jitsu Podcast! A place where you'll find everything you need to know about jiu jitsu.
In today's episode we'll talk about:
What is the mission statement of the EJJP?
- To bring listeners the best educational BJJ content possible
- Share knowledge from my personal studies and experiences
- To emphasize the mental aspect of BJJ
- To find and share the best teaching, learning, and training methods
- To help practitioners of all levels
Who am I?
- Co-Creator of the BJJ Mental Models Podcast
- Owner, Operator, and Head Coach of On Guard BJJ in Pitt Meadows, BC
- Personal Interests: Hockey, Weightlifting, Health, Guitar, Drums, Gardening, Entrepeneur
- Former SFU Grappling Coach
- Author of “Zara Can Do Jiu Jitsu!”
- Creator of the On Guard Online Academy
What makes EJJP different from other BJJ podcasts?
- Educational lectures
- Put the study and research of BJJ first
- Will cover everything BJJ
- Raw, unedited conversations
Who could benefit from this information?
- Gym owners
- Beginners/advanced practitioners
- Youth athletes
The shift of BJJ pedagogy from 90’s to now.
- Old-style BJJ vs new
- Athletes getting younger/starting younger
- Training and teaching methods have changed
- Information from the best athletes and coaches in the world is widely available
- Free content available on many platforms
What is my role as an instructor between the old and new generation?
- To give the next generation the most current pedagogy
- To gather information from the best, condense it, and share it here
- To help all practitioners get to the next level through podcasting
- To keep the standards of BJJ high and encourage the highest quality
- To stay current as the sport moves on and I get older
- To build not only great athletes, but great instructors who can produce great instructors
What you can expect from the show.
- Educational lectures
- Show notes
- Current events
- Updates on my own personal competitions and preparations
- Mini-series/premium content
- Listener interaction; questions, suggestions, and ideas to improve the show
Contact/Support The Show:
On Guard Online Academy: https://onguardbjj.com/p/online-academy
Zara Can Do Jiu Jitsu! https://books.friesenpress.com/store/title/119734000253392052/Matt-Kwan-Zara-Can-Do-Jiu-Jitsu%21